- Drippings From Beef Roast
- 2 ½ cups Beef Stock
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- ½ cup Chopped Carrots
- ½ cup Chopped Celery
- Drain off all but 1 - 2 ounces of the fat from the roasting pan being careful to retain any juices in the pan from your roast.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery.
- Set the pan over high heat and cook until the vegetables are brown and their moisture has evaporated leaving only fat, vegetables, brown drippings and adjust heat so the mixture does not burn.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Pour 2/3 cup of the stock into the roasting pan to deglaze it.
- Stir over heat until brown drippings are dissolved.
- Pour the deglazing liquid and vegetables into a sauce pan with the remaining stock.
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft and the liquid is reduced by about 1/3.
- Strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into a clean sauce pan, skim the fat off and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sometimes beef drippings can already be salty so add the salt only after tasting the sauce.